You don’t have to be in the market to sell your home in order to improve the value of your home. These simple tips and tricks will help you increase the value of your home without breaking the bank!
- The easiest, most cost-effective way to improve the value of your home is with a fresh coat of paint! Neutral colors work well on improving the value of your home than bold, “trendy” colors.
- Cut your energy costs by installing energy-efficient appliances. Not only will you save money in the long-term, but you’ll improve the value of your home!
- Plant shade trees, especially if you don’t plan to move right away. These shade trees, over time, will grow into gorgeous deciduous trees that will bump your home’s value up by about 25%! (Plus, they look pretty!)
- As for the rest of your landscaping, think “green and clean.” Plant only trees and plants that are native to your area, and keep the landscaping as clean as possible. Rock formations & mulch will both add value to your home and keep your yard looking crisp.
- Water filtration systems will also add a great deal of value to your home – it’s a small addition that will add thousands of dollars to your price tag, as homeowners LOVE that accessory. Bonus: if you’re not planning on selling your home right away, this small addition will save money on your grocery bills (no more bottled water!).
- Even the smallest updates can add thousands of dollars to your home. For example, a dated bathroom can get a fresh new look by removing some old wallpaper and giving it a fresh paint coat.